Build high quality, enterprise-grade Shiny apps at speed.
Would you like to learn about Rhino hands-on? Join our events! Upcoming events will be added to this section - stay tuned.
Creating Shiny Apps with Rhino: the new framework for Shiny apps
2022-05-13 at 18:00 (UTC+2)
Online workshop led by Kamil Żyła
Introducing Rhino: Shiny application framework for enterprise
2022-07-28 at 15:20 (UTC-4)
Talk given by Kamil Żyła at rstudio::conf(2022)
Rhino allows you to create Shiny apps The Appsilon Way - like a fullstack software engineer. Apply best software engineering practices, modularize your code, test it well, make UI beautiful, and think about user adoption from the very beginning. Rhino is an opinionated framework with a focus on software engineering practices and development tools.
Rhino supports your work in 3 main areas:
- Clear code: scalable app architecture, modularization based on Box and Shiny modules.
- Quality: unit tests, E2E tests with Cypress, logging and monitoring, linting.
These features are often implemented using well-known packages. Rhino brings them all working together out of the box!
Read more: What is Rhino?
Rhino documentation is divided into four sections, accessible from the navigation bar at the top:
- Tutorial: Start here to learn the basics.
- Explanation: In-depth articles on Rhino machinery and its design.
- How-to Guides: Step-by-step instructions for common tasks.
- Reference: A list of Rhino functions with technical details.
You can also learn about Rhino by watching the video from one of our workshops: Creating Shiny Apps with Rhino: the new framework for Shiny apps. A repository with step-by-step commits for the workshop application can be found here.
Appsilon is a Full Service Certified RStudio Partner.